Being a homeowner in Baton Rouge has its perks, but it also it’s also a huge responsibility. Gone are the days that you can call your landlord when your refrigerator breaks. You’re accountable for every appliance, every floor tile, and every single roof shingle. So if your home needs a roof repair, it’s up to you to get it fixed!
The Importance of Roof Repair
We’ve written some already about how important it is to get your roof repaired when it’s damaged. It protects your property values as well as your family’s safety. And not only is it important to fix your roof, but it’s also important to get the right people to fix it. Don’t try to patch the damage yourself or hire an unlicensed roof repair company. Doing so could void your roof’s manufacturer warranty. It could even affect your homeowner’s insurance policy.
Five Steps to Roof Repair
Large home repairs can seem daunting. But, as with any big task, if you break it into smaller steps, it can seem more manageable.
- Got Damage? The morning after a storm, you’re walking in your backyard and see a few shingles on the ground. Looking up at your roof, you can tell there are a few places that need some attention. A branch could have fallen on it, or the damage was from strong winds. Or maybe, there’s a leak you noticed from inside the house, and you need some help as soon as possible.
- Ask Around. Check with your friends and neighbors to see if they know a good, trustworthy roofer. It helps to read some testimonials so you know you can trust the company. Make sure your potential roofer is bonded and insured to work in the Baton Rouge area. They should also be able to answer all your questions and show you a portfolio. You need to have complete confidence in their work and professionalism.
- Get an Inspection. Once you decide on a roofing company, give them a call. The first thing they should do is asses the damage and inspect the entire roof. This examination helps guide their work. Depending on the severity, you may just need some quick repairs. On the other hand, might need an entire roof replacement. Certified and experienced roofers inspect, repair and replace the following elements:
- File Your Claim. A trusted roofing company can even help you file a claim with your insurance company. With their kind of work, they deal with insurance companies on a regular basis. Utilize their experience to make that headache of a process easier on you!
- Fix It—And Clean Up! Most homeowners hate the thought of messy workers on their property. Find a roofer that stands by their craftsmanship to make sure you’re happy with your finished roof. Once they’re finished, make sure they plan to haul away debris and pass a magnet over your yard to catch nails. The clean up is part of the job too!
Roof Repair in Baton Rouge
Livingston Roofing & Sheet Metal, LLC has been in business for over 60 years. Our goal is to help you protect your home and your family. We’ll walk you through your options to figure out your best choice for your replacement or repair. Think your roof could use some work? Give us a call at 225-644-5718. You can also contact us online.